In the columns of the Telegraph, this Monday, April 4, a royal expert gives some unhappy news about the Queen of England who had to make important decisions to ensure – at best – her reign.
Despite her health concerns, Elizabeth II does not intend to let herself be defeated. She is determined to fulfill as many commitments as possible and has found a way to do so. According to the royal expert Camilla Tominey to the Telegraph, this Monday, April 4, it is from her living room at Windsor Castle that the monarch will ensure her functions by receiving actors of British or international life, but also by attending events by video conference. “The Queen will hold more royal engagements from her drawing room, with people coming to see her,” the newspaper columns read.
The reporter added: “She could go where she needs to be in private and be photographed on the spot.” Before adding: “That said, last week we had some very nice photos of an audience in their own living room. This will happen more frequently now. However, the grandmother of Princes William and Harry prefers “quality over quantity” when it comes to her official schedule.
“The Queen does not have health problems, but mobility problems”
And for good reason. Some events are “sacrosanct” for the Queen, such as “Prince Philip’s memorial service” which she attended on March 29. “She was determined to be there. Yes, concessions had to be made so that she was as comfortable as possible, but it is for this kind of event that she moves heaven and earth,” said Camilla Tominey. A whole device had been set up so that the queen could attend the ceremony without being photographed in a wheelchair. It is finally leaning on a cane and on the arm of her son Andrew, that Elizabeth II made her entrance to Westminster Abbey.
As for the health of the mother of Prince Charles, which has not ceased to worry the English lately, Camilla Tominey said: “We believe that the Queen does not have health problems, but mobility problems. She cannot stand for long periods of time or walk long distances, so accommodations are being made. According to her, the palace “is handling this situation as it did when the Duke of Edinburgh retired and was able to say at very short notice what engagements he did or did not want to attend.”
Photo credits: AGENCY / BESTIMAGE